After an individual has passed away, if no planning had been set for the funeral or cremation services in Cedar Rapids, IA, it can be concerning for the individuals left to sort out the details. Not planning can cause undue stress and create tension if not handled appropriately, so if you or someone you know is considering preplanning, here are different ways to make the process easier.
- Preplanning lets the loved ones rest easy, knowing they don’t have to make those final decisions.
- When preplanning, take into consideration the specific information you want to have at the event, such as burial or cremation arrangements, whether there will be a reception, or if clergy will be involved, etc.
- Consider the payment process. There are various choices on the market, including life insurance policies, savings accounts, federal assistance with agencies such as Social Security Administration, and prepaid contracts with funeral homes or crematories.
There’s no doubt that losing a loved one can bring up many emotions to have to process. When this is combined with figuring out how to pay for the event and specific details, it can bring stress levels up and create tension between family members on what they believe is the right choice.
Preplanning takes the guesswork out of what the details need to be for the individual’s services. It lets loved ones rest easy knowing they don’t have to make those final decisions and that the event is paid for, which can also cause its own set of stresses.
The first thing you need to do when you start preplanning is take into consideration the kinds of details you want to have at the event, such as:
- Burial or cremation (or both)?
- Will there be a reception?
- Will there be clergy involved?
- Is there going to be a eulogy or reading?
- Will there be a funeral procession?
- What kind of urn or casket will be used?
- Is this going to be a traditional service or a celebration of life?
- What does the announcement need to say for the newspaper?
These are just a few of the decisions that will need to be made when planning the services. We always recommend checking with a local funeral or crematory to see what options are available so you have a better understanding of what you can plan, and it will also help you stay within your budget.
Another thing that will need to be considered is how the event will be paid for. There are various choices on the market, including:
- life insurance policies
- Savings accounts
- federal assistance with agencies such as the Social Security Administration
- prepaid contracts with the funeral home or crematory
We are Here to Offer Support
There’s no doubt that laying a loved one to rest is an incredibly painful experience, so take painting the time to do some planning can help take a lot of the burden off of loved ones. Making sure to get all the details in place with the chosen facility will help not only fulfill you or your loved one’s wishes, but your family members will know that the event is going to honor the individual truly.
Celebrate Life Iowa Cremation Services is a locally owned company that offers affordable pricing for all our clients. We’ve been in business since 1982 with a focus on providing the highest quality compassionate care for our community, so if you require cremation services in Cedar Rapids, IA, give us a call today, and we will help you get started with your planning.